Bishop's Bread Recipe
This bread is packed with cherries, chocolate and nuts. I give away many loaves at Christmas. —Yvonne Wheeler, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole almonds
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup each red and green maraschino cherries, drained and halved
- 1 milk chocolate candy bar with almonds (7 ounces), broken into bite-size pieces
- 1. In a large bowl, beat sugar, eggs and extracts. In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt; stir in almonds, walnuts, dates, cherries and candy bar. Stir into egg mixture until blended.
- 2. Pour into a greased and floured 9x5-in. loaf pan. Press down firmly to eliminate air spaces. Bake at 300° for 2 hours. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
Reviews for Bishop's Bread
Reviewed May. 12, 2013
"my husband loves it and wants it for his birthday cake. (he doesn't usually like sweets)"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC