“My husband was diagnosed with diabetes, so I began using turkey sausage in this recipe, and it turned out great,” says Marcia Snyder of Boonton, New Jersey. “There are never any leftovers!”
Recommended: 50 Secret Recipes for Classic Diner Foods
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 tube (16.3 ounces) large refrigerated flaky biscuits
- 1 pound Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Bake biscuits according to package directions. Meanwhile, crumble sausage into a large saucepan; cook over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain and keep warm.
- In the same saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, mustard, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in sausage; heat through. Place two biscuits on each serving plate; top with gravy. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Biscuits with Turkey Sausage Gravy in Simple & Delicious
Reviews forBiscuits with Turkey Sausage Gravy
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 29, 2008
"DDIL made this for supper last night and it is the best I have ever tasted.Thanks Viny"