Biscuits with Turkey Sausage Gravy Recipe
- 1 tube (16.3 ounces) large refrigerated flaky biscuits
- 1 pound Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1. Bake biscuits according to package directions. Meanwhile, crumble sausage into a large saucepan; cook over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain and keep warm.
- 2. In the same saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, mustard, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. Stir in sausage; heat through. Place two biscuits on each serving plate; top with gravy. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 738 calories, 42g fat (14g saturated fat), 105mg cholesterol, 2083mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 2g fiber), 31g protein.
Reviews for Biscuits with Turkey Sausage Gravy
"DDIL made this for supper last night and it is the best I have ever tasted.Thanks Viny"