Biscuits with Ham Butter
"Whether as a finger food or brunch dish, these are a great way to use leftover ham," advises Andrea Bolden of Unionville, Tennessee.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; set aside. Combine sour cream and egg; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead gently 4 to 5 times. Roll to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor, process ham until finely minced. Add butter and continue processing until well mixed. Spread over warm biscuits.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 215 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 485mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Biscuits with Ham Butter in Taste of Home August/September 1995
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.