Biscuits and Beans Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) pork and beans
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1/2 to 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the beans, barbecue sauce, brown sugar, onion and salt; mix well. Bring to a boil.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Separate biscuits and arrange over the hot beef mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown. Yield: 5 servings.
Corn on the cob would go great with Biscuits and Beans. REmove husk and silk from ears of corn. Bring water to a boil, cook for 3-5 minutes or until tender. Remove from the water with tongs.
1 each: 472 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 1542mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 5g fiber), 29g protein.
Reviews for Biscuits and Beans
"Very easy and tastey."