- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup chopped cooked turkey or chicken
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- Dash each ground cumin, dried basil and thyme
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine soup, turkey, mushrooms, peas, milk and seasonings. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish; arrange biscuits over top.
- Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews forBiscuit Turkey Bake
"I followed the recommendation of others to cook the biscuits to avoid them being doughy. I doubled the recipe for the ingredients and used 12 biscuits. For our family of 6, we did not have any leftovers. I put all of the ingredients, minus the biscuits, in a pot and cooked it on medium, turning it down when it started to bubble. I didn't bother putting it in a pan and baking it since the rolls were already baking. Loved that dinner was made in less than 30 minutes (not including the time to preheat the oven). I added a 3/4 to 1t of all the spices. We like flavor."
"The filling was delicious, but the biscuit bottoms were very doughy, even though I cooked them as long as possible without burning. I think I would bake the biscuits separately next time."
"After 45 mins of cooking the biscuits were still doughy ... Really disappointed."
"This was so fast and so delicious. I would however double the entire recipe minus the biscuits next time though...lots of biscuits not enough filling.."