Biscuit-Topped Taco Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 3 cups leftover taco-seasoned ground beef
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- In a large bowl, combine the taco meat and beans; spoon into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
- In another bowl, combine the eggs, milk and biscuit mix until moistened. Pour over cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Spread with sour cream. Top with lettuce, tomato and olives.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 611 calories, 31g fat (15g saturated fat), 174mg cholesterol, 1657mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 37g protein.
Jun 9, 2014
This is not a review. It is to tell you that I've tried several times to create new folders in mr recipe box and it never works. It's saves the recipe but I never know where it will end up. Needs to be fixed.
May 2, 2014
IHAVE MADE THIS MANY TIMES BUT REPLACE THE BISQUIT TOPPING WITH ONE BOX OF jIFFY CORN BREAD MIX..MY FAMILY REALLY LIKES IT THIS WAY BECAUSE I HAVE TO QUADRUPLE THE RECIPE FOR MY HUNGRY GROUP !
Aug 20, 2013
very bland. The dough topping soaked up the juices leaving rest of mixture very dry. Putting sour cream on something that comes right of the oven is not productive.
Apr 27, 2013
This was really good. I made a pound of taco-meat and mixed in the kidney beans right in the skillet. I put in in the casserole dish while still hot so I did not have the problem of it not baking in enough time. I also served the sour cream, olives, lettuce and tomato on the side.
Apr 18, 2013
This was a fun one to have the kids help out. Used Bisquick and substituted the beans with Nalley's Cheese Chili. I also leave the sour cream, lettuce etc on the side..
Feb 18, 2012
This was a great recipe for leftover taco meat. I added about a half a cup or so of homemade salsa to the beef mixture. Turned out pretty good. Also I had to cook the dish about 10 minutes more and the middle of the topping still wasn't completely done. But it was still very good and my family liked it. Thanks for the recipe! I will make it again next time I have extra taco meat.
Jun 6, 2011
This was easy & delicious!!!!!!
Nov 6, 2009
I made this last night. It was so easy and the whole family loved it! I will be making this on a regular basis.
Feb 16, 2009
I Missed The Taco Caserole recipe please give it again. Betty AR
Feb 16, 2009
This recipe is delicious!! I had leftover taco meat, but no shells, and this recipe worked out great. Thanks for sharing. Also, I liked the fact that you didn't have to hassle with rolling up shells indiviually. CTripp