Biscuit-Topped Shepherd’s Pies
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas and carrots, thawed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) Italian tomato sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the beef, onion and celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the vegetables, tomato sauce and pepper; cook and stir for 5-6 minutes or until heated through. Spoon into six 8-oz. ramekins coated with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the biscuit mix, cheese and rosemary. Stir in milk and butter just until moistened. Spoon dough over meat mixture; place ramekins on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 425° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 311 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 771mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 5g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 4, 2016
I usually use mashed potatoes on my Shepherds Pie but I didn't have any. I knew there had to be a recipe with Bisquick so I looked it up and made it. We will never use potatoes again. Love this!
Feb 6, 2011
This is a great go to recipe when you need something quick for dinner. The whole family loved it!
Nov 9, 2010
Easy and delicious! I made it with ground turkey meat and couldn't tell the difference!
Oct 8, 2010
We made this in an 8x8 as the notes say, and we loved it.