Biscuit-Topped Shepherd’s Pies
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas and carrots, thawed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) Italian tomato sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the beef, onion and celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the vegetables, tomato sauce and pepper; cook and stir for 5-6 minutes or until heated through. Spoon into six 8-oz. ramekins coated with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the biscuit mix, cheese and rosemary. Stir in milk and butter just until moistened. Spoon dough over meat mixture; place ramekins on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 425° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 311 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 771mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 5g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Aug 4, 2016
I usually use mashed potatoes on my Shepherds Pie but I didn't have any. I knew there had to be a recipe with Bisquick so I looked it up and made it. We will never use potatoes again. Love this!
Feb 6, 2011
This is a great go to recipe when you need something quick for dinner. The whole family loved it!
Nov 9, 2010
Easy and delicious! I made it with ground turkey meat and couldn't tell the difference!
Oct 8, 2010
We made this in an 8x8 as the notes say, and we loved it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.