Biscuit Mushroom Bake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated biscuits
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms in butter. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually add broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in the lemon juice, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper and paprika.
- Pour into a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Arrange biscuits over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 267 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 948mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 9, 2015
I make this every holiday for the vegetarian in our family by subbing vegetable stock for the chicken stock. The only change I make is to cut my biscuits into quarters and cover the top with small pieces instead of whole biscuits. I never have leftovers!
Mar 13, 2014
This worked out exactly , so tasty , so good !!
Aug 5, 2012
This was so good the first time I made it, but the second time I added 1 and 1/2 pounds of ground beef and it made a great one dish meal with a salad!!!
Aug 20, 2009
Re: Biscuit Mushroom BakeMade this for company and it turned out perfectly. The little bowl of leftovers I used the next day added to a sausage in gravy mixture and served it over more biscuits. It was a two day hit.
Jun 9, 2009
I made this for dinner last night and it was a hit. Thank you for such a quick and tasty recipe.I will definately make it again.
Aug 24, 2008
Thank you for showing the picture. Looks very good, and since we (hubby and I) like mushrooms, I'll be trying this - SOON!!