- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated biscuits
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms in butter. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually add broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in the lemon juice, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper and paprika.
- Pour into a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Arrange biscuits over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews forBiscuit Mushroom Bake
"I make this every holiday for the vegetarian in our family by subbing vegetable stock for the chicken stock. The only change I make is to cut my biscuits into quarters and cover the top with small pieces instead of whole biscuits. I never have leftovers!"
"This worked out exactly , so tasty , so good !!"
"Re: Biscuit Mushroom bakeMade this for company and it turned out perfectly. The little bowl of leftovers I used the next day added to a sausage in gravy mixture and served it over more biscuits. It was a two day hit."
"Thank you for showing the picture. Looks very good, and since we (hubby and I) like mushrooms, I'll be trying this - SOON!!"