Biscuit Ham Spirals
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 2-1/2 cups ground fully cooked ham
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- CHEESE SAUCE:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup Kerrygold shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Combine egg and milk; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 12 times. Roll into a 12x10-in. rectangle.
- Combine the filling ingredients; spread over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 1-in. slices.
- Place cut side down on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour, salt and white pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese until melted. Serve with ham slices.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 341 calories, 22g fat (9g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 943mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Mar 29, 2008
I loved this recipe. It's very easy and my husband couldn't stop raving about it. I used Bisquick instead of making the bicuit dough from scratch. I will use this recipe again.