Biscuit Egg Scramble
This is the perfect for recipe for brunch or a quick dinner. The eggs, ham and cheese combine wonderfully for delicious dish.—Jacqueline Boyden, Sparks, Nevada
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 tube (10.2 ounces) refrigerated biscuits
- In a large skillet, heat butter until hot. Add eggs; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are completely set. Set aside.
- In a another large saucepan, combine the milk, cheese and mustard; cook over medium-low heat until cheese is melted; stir until smooth. Remove from the heat; fold in ham and eggs.
- Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Separate biscuits and arrange on top. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until the biscuits are golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 488 calories, 31g fat (14g saturated fat), 338mg cholesterol, 1381mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein.
Originally published as Biscuit Egg Scramble in Country Woman March/April 1995