Biscuit Corn Bread Dressing Recipe
“This mouthwatering and slightly sweet recipe was my mother’s, so it has to be at least 65-70 years old,” writes Karen Andrews from Arlington, Texas. “It’s just not Christmas at our house without this favorite dressing...and it goes great with goose, too,” Karen adds.
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 tube (7-1/2 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 4 celery ribs with leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 1. Prepare corn bread according to package directions; cool on a wire rack. Crumble into a large bowl. Prepare biscuits according to package directions; cool on a wire rack. Crumble biscuits over corn bread; stir gently to combine.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute onions and celery in butter. Stir in the salt, pepper, curry powder, basil and thyme. Add to corn bread mixture. Stir in broth and water (mixture should be the consistency of corn bread batter). Let stand for 1 hour.
- 3. Stir in egg substitute. Pour into a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until golden brown and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Biscuit Corn Bread Dressing
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC