Biscuit Breakfast Sandwiches
"You can eat these hearty, satisfying sandwiches at home or on the go," says Giovanna Garner of Paonia, Colorado. "While the biscuits bake, I ready the egg, ham and cheese filling."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup milk
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 slices process American cheese
- 6 slices fully cooked ham
- In a bowl, combine dry ingredients; cut in shortening until crumbly. stir in milk just until moistened. turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead five to six times. Roll to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a 2-3/4-in. biscuit cutter. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 12-15 minutes or until light golden brown; cool slightly. In a skillet over medium heat, fry eggs in butter until completely set. Split the biscuits; place cheese, hot eggs and ham on bottoms. Replace tops. Serve immediately.
Originally published as Biscuit Breakfast Sandwiches in Quick Cooking Premiere 1998
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.