- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 can (5 ounces) chow mein noodles
- 36 pastel jelly beans or peanut M&M's
- 12 pastel paper cupcake liners
- In a heavy saucepan over low heat, cook marshmallows, butter and peanut butter until marshmallows are melted; stir until blended. Remove from the heat; stir in chow mein noodles. Divide into 12 mounds on a waxed paper-lined pan.
- With lightly buttered hands, quickly shape each mound into a nest; make an indentation in the center. Fill nests with jelly beans. Trim 1/2 in. from each cupcake liner; place nests in liners. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews forBird's Nest Snacks
"These snacks are super cute, easy to make, and taste really good. My kids love the cute factor and it is a "kid friendly" recipe for them to help make. When I'm in a hurry I make the nest mixture and just roll it into balls for a pop in your mouth snack."
"These not only look beautiful for easter but they really tast good as well!"