Bird’s Nest Egg Salad
Create these cute chow mein noodle nests with just three ingredients, then fill them with mounds of a nicely seasoned egg salad for tasty results.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 egg
- 3 cups chow mein noodles
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- EGG SALAD:
- 6 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a small bowl, beat egg. Add chow mein noodles and garlic salt; stir to coat. Drop by 1/3 cupfuls onto a greased baking sheet. Using fingers, shape each into a nest; make an indentation in the center of each. Bake at 350° for 11-13 minutes or until set. Cool for 2 minutes; remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a bowl, combine the first eight egg salad ingredients; mix well. Just before serving, spoon 1/4 cupful into each nest. Serve on a lettuce-lined plate if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 304 calories, 23g fat (4g saturated fat), 252mg cholesterol, 383mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Bird's Nest Egg Salad in Quick Cooking May/June 1999