Birch Pretzel Logs
- 1 pound white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 1 package (10 ounces) pretzel rods
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 small heavy-duty resealable plastic bag
- 1. In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Pour into an ungreased 8-in. square pan or a tall glass. Roll or dip pretzels in coating, leaving 1 in. of space on the end you are holding; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets; let stand until set.
- 2. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Pour into a small resealable plastic bag. Carefully cut a very small hole in the bottom corner of the bag. Pipe stripe markings across the pretzel rods to resemble birch trees. Allow to set. Store in an airtight container.
Aug 4, 2012
This is a unique Birch Pretzel Logs recipe. It is quick, simple, & very similar to Birch Tree Bark & Logs. Would create a simple Christmas Gift. Would make a very simple treat set out at a Holiday Party. Would inspire people with unusual fondness for pretzels, to get excited at their novelty!