To whip up this pretty pink sherbet studded with dark, sweet cherries, you’ll need an ice-cream maker and a total of only four ingredients! Or try with sliced peaches and peach soda. Thanks to Helen Humble of Longview, Texas for the recipe.
- 4 cups fresh or frozen pitted dark sweet cherries, quartered
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 liters black cherry soda, chilled
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- In a large saucepan, bring cherries and sugar to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool slightly. Transfer to a large bowl; cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Stir in soda and milk. Fill ice cream freezer cylinder two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze. Transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 2-4 hours or until firm. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Yield: about 3 quarts.
Originally published as Bing Cherry Sherbet in Simple & Delicious July/August 2008, p35
Reviews for Bing Cherry Sherbet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 25, 2011
"This recipe was so easy to make with just 4 ingredients."
Reviewed Sep. 11, 2009
"this was awful"