To whip up this pretty pink sherbet studded with dark, sweet cherries, you’ll need an ice-cream maker and a total of only four ingredients! Or try with sliced peaches and peach soda. Thanks to Helen Humble of Longview, Texas for the recipe.
- 4 cups fresh or frozen pitted dark sweet cherries, quartered
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 liters black cherry soda, chilled
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- In a large saucepan, bring cherries and sugar to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool slightly. Transfer to a large bowl; cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Stir in soda and milk. Fill ice cream freezer cylinder two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze. Transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 2-4 hours or until firm. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Yield: about 3 quarts.
Originally published as Bing Cherry Sherbet in Simple & Delicious July/August 2008, p35
Reviews for Bing Cherry Sherbet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review