Bing Cherry Sherbet
I only need four ingredients to whip up this pretty, cherry-studded sherbet in my ice cream maker. The recipe is great made with sliced peaches and peach soda, too. —Helen Humble, Longview, Texas
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Process: 20 min./batch + freezing
Makesabout 3 quarts
- 4 cups fresh or frozen pitted dark sweet cherries, quartered
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 liters black cherry soda, chilled
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- In a large saucepan, bring cherries and sugar to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool slightly. Transfer to a large bowl; cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Stir in soda and milk. Fill ice cream freezer cylinder two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze. Transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 2-4 hours or until firm. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving.