VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 7 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 can (15 to 16 ounces) pitted dark sweet cherries, drained
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup crushed vanilla wafers (about 15 wafers)
- Combine milk and lemon juice. Fold in cherries. In another bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Gently fold cream and pecans into cherry mixture.
- Spread into an ungreased 11x7-in. dish; sprinkle with wafer crumbs. Freeze, covered, until firm. Remove from freezer 15 minutes before cutting. May be frozen up to 2 months. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Bing Cherry Delight in Quick Cooking September/October 2003, p56