- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 pounds pork baby back ribs
- 1 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- Mix the first six ingredients; rub over ribs. Refrigerate, covered, 30 minutes.
- Wrap rib racks in large pieces of heavy-duty foil; seal tightly. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until tender.
- In a large saucepan, combine glaze ingredients; cook, uncovered, over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until heated through and sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally.
- Carefully remove ribs from foil. Place ribs over direct heat; brush with some of the glaze. Grill, covered, over medium heat 25-30 minutes or until browned, turning and brushing ribs occasionally with remaining glaze. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forBig John's Chili-Rubbed Ribs
"My rack of ribs was about 5 3/4 lbs. and I barely used 1/2 the sauce. I really had to watch so the sauce didn't make the ribs burn to a crisp but they tasted great. I'll make this again but I'll only make half the amount of sauce because that was plenty."
"I used a 3lb rack and the cooking time was about one hour in the foil and 15 minutes withthe glaze. The ribs were tender, sweet and a little different than the norm. Definitely a fun change!"