Big Dutch Pancake with Little Berries
This is a really fun recipe to prepare because the pancake puffs up into uniques shapes. The custard-like texture and buttery flavor make it fun to eat, too!
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 cup halved strawberries
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blackberries or boysenberries
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup milk
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a bowl, combine berries; set aside. Cut butter into pats and place in an 8-in. square baking pan. Put pan in a 425° oven for 2 minutes or until butter melts and pan is very hot. Combine milk, eggs and vanilla in a bowl. Stir in flour and sugar; beat until well mixed. Pour into hot pan. bake for 18-20 minutes or until puffed and brown on top. Spoon berries over top and dust with confectioners' sugar. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 264 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 168mg cholesterol, 140mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 4g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Big Dutch Pancake with Little Berries in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.