The combination of different kinds of chocolate makes these cookies irresistible. Friends and family are delighted to have a "big" cookie to enjoy. —Marie Macy, Fort Collins, Colorado
Recommended: Top 10 Chocolate Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- In a microwave, melt butter with semisweet and unsweetened chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool. In a large bowl, beat eggs until foamy; gradually add sugar. Dissolve coffee granules in water.
- Beat in the coffee, vanilla and cooled chocolate mixture to egg mixture. Combine flour, salt and baking powder; gradually add to the egg mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop by 1/3 cupfuls 4 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 15-17 minutes or until firm. Cool for 4 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Big Chocolate Cookies in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p35
Reviews forBig Chocolate Cookies
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 16, 2016
"These are really good, I used only walnuts though because that's all I had on hand."