Big-Batch Turkey Salad
We served this delicious salad at a church luncheon along with a variety of homemade muffins and a dessert. The meal was a big hit, and many of the women attending asked for the salad recipe. If you prefer, use diced cooked chicken instead of turkey. -Pat Swaney, Lima, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + chilling
Makes185 (1-cup) servings
- 25 quarts cubed cooked turkey or chicken
- 20 cans (20 ounces each) pineapple chunks, drained
- 20 cans (15 ounces each) mandarin oranges, drained
- 20 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 5 bunches celery, thinly sliced
- 10 large green peppers, chopped
- 5 to 6 quarts mayonnaise
- 3 large onions, grated
- 1-1/2 cups prepared mustard
- 5 tablespoons salt
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon-pepper seasoning, optional
- 8 cans (5 ounces each) chow mein noodles
- In several large bowls, combine the first six ingredients. In several other large bowls, combine the mayonnaise, onions, mustard, salt and lemon-pepper if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate chicken mixture and dressing separately for at least 2 hours. Pour salad dressing over the chicken mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with chow mein noodles.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 316 calories, 23g fat (4g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 420mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein.
Originally published as Fruited Turkey Salad in Taste of Home August/September 2003