Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 3 cups packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 5-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and cream of tartar; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well (bowl will be full.)
- Drop by level tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
2 each: 63 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 53mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.