Big-Batch Butterscotch Cookies
My mom and I perfected this recipe years ago. We get rave reviews on these crowd-pleasing cookies.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 20 dozen
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 3 cups packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 5-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and cream of tartar; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well (bowl will be full.)
- Drop by level tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 63 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 53mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Big-Batch Butterscotch Cookies in Best of Country Cookies
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.