Assorted candies and prepared frosting turn popular crisp rice cereal bars into these two-wheel treats from our Test Kitchen. Older children can help prepare the rice cereal mixtures, while the younger ones can decorate the cycles.
Total TimePrep: 45 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) large marshmallows, divided
- 3 tablespoons plus 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, divided
- 6 cups chocolate-flavored crisp rice cereal
- 3 cups plain crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup vanilla frosting
- 9 Life Savers
- 6 pretzel sticks
- 12 Tart 'n' Tinys candies or M&M's miniature baking bits
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, heat 40 marshmallows and 3 tablespoons butter, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes or until melted. Stir in chocolate rice cereal. With buttered hands, press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan. In another large microwave-safe bowl, melt 20 marshmallows with remaining butter, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes. Stir in plain rice cereal. With buttered hands, press into a greased 9-in. square pan.
- Invert both pans onto cutting boards. Using a 2-1/2-in. round biscuit cutter, cut 12 circles from chocolate cereal mixture. Using a 2-1/2-in. triangle or Christmas tree cookie cutter, cut six triangles from plain cereal mixture.
- For each bicycle, place one triangle point down on work surface; gently press two circles on either side of triangle for wheels. Using a #3 round pastry tip, pipe frosting spokes onto wheels and outline triangles.
- For bicycle seat, attach a Life Saver with frosting to one side of triangle top. Insert a pretzel stick into one wheel; angle toward center of bicycle. For handlebars, cut one Life Saver in half; attach near the top of pretzel stick. Press a Tart 'n' candy into the center of each wheel.