Bewitching Stuffed Potatoes
I livened up my cheesy stuffed potatoes by giving each a silly hat and grin. These creepy spuds will be a hit at dinner.—Mary Shenk, Dekalb, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 4 medium potatoes (about 8 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, patted dry and chopped
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- Sliced ripe olives, drained
- Roasted sweet red peppers, drained and sliced
- Blue corn tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 400°. Scrub potatoes; pierce several times with a fork. Microwave, uncovered, on high until tender, 12-15 minutes, turning once.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4-in.-thick shells. Mash pulp with mayonnaise, adding next six ingredients.
- Spoon into potato shells. Place on a baking sheet; top with a piece of cheese. Bake until heated through, 12-15 minutes. Decorate, as desired, with olives and peppers; serve with blue corn tortilla chips.
Nutrition Facts1 stuffed potato half: 390 calories, 27g fat (11g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 642mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 3g fiber), 15g protein.
Originally published as BLT Twice-Baked Potatoes in Halloween Bookazine 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.