- 1-1/2 cups panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons seafood seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 30 uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Olive oil-flavored cooking spray
- Place bread crumbs in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine egg whites and milk. In a third shallow bowl, combine flour, seafood seasoning, salt and pepper. Dip shrimp in the flour mixture, egg mixture, then bread crumbs.
- Place shrimp on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; spritz shrimp with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 8-12 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and coating is golden brown, turning once. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forBetter Than Fried Shrimp
"This is a wonderful alternative to fried. I used Red Lobster Seafood Seasoning. It is great stuff. I have found it recently at Kroger, Winn-Dixie and Publix supermarkets. 30 shrimp equals 30 servings? Has anyone ever eaten just 1 shrimp? lol"
"This shrimp was tasty, but I did it different. I only added 1/2 tsp salt and nothing else. I love cocktail sauce so I wanted a shrimp flavor only."
"These were very yummy! We were a little worried that, because they were "healthy", they wouldn't have enough flavor. Well, we were wrong! For the seafood seasoning I used Old Bay, and then omitted the salt and pepper (there is plenty of both in Old Bay). There was just enough of the Old Bay taste on each shrimp for it to be yummy, but not overpowering. I too cut the recipe in half (for just two of us) and also used Canola Oil cooking spray. I will be making this one again!"
"wonderful. Tasty and crispy. Used all purpose seasoning, Italian seasoned panko crumbs (was all I could find at the store) and regular cooking spray."
"easy to make family loved it"
"This is great!!"
"This is a very simple way to endulge in "fried" shrimp, without the expense of going to a restaurant, plus it's alot healthier!!"
"These shrimp were excellent, both with or without cocktail sauce!"
"My DD was making sushi/California rolls for dinner & I thought we needed something else. This filled the niche. I forgot to spray them, but they were still tasty! :)"