- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 package (12.3 ounces) silken firm tofu, cubed
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 4 lettuce leaves
- Coarsely ground pepper, optional
- Mix first eight ingredients; stir in tofu. Line four slices of bread with lettuce. Top with tofu mixture. If desired, sprinkle with pepper; close sandwiches. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBetter Than Egg Salad
"Interesting! I would make again. Good flavor. Was shocked when my two kids (ages 5 and 9) not only liked it, but asked for more! One of the first tofu recipes we have made."
"Amazing how much it tastes like traditional egg salad!"
"This was good and much faster than hard boiling eggs for salad!"
"I tried it....it was OK :) I'll probably make it again."