Best Shrimp Scampi
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1-3/4 cups chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions, divided
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the broth, garlic, lemon-pepper and 3 tablespoons each green onions and parsley. Bring to a boil. Add shrimp; cook for 3-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Drain pasta and place in a serving bowl. Top with shrimp mixture and remaining onions and parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 250 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 136mg cholesterol, 398mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1/2 vegetable.
May 6, 2019
My husband is a shrimp lover and he loved this shrimp scampi recipe. I made as directed except , I made a cornstarch slurry and thickened the sauce a little so it would stick to the pasta better.It was very easy to make.
Feb 17, 2017
I thought this was very plain. just tasted like shrimp and pasta no real flavor
Dec 12, 2014
This really is the "BEST" - it will be my go-to scampi recipe from now on. Thanks, Lori!
Nov 15, 2014
I added a tsp of lemon juice
Dec 1, 2011
That was a nice change from the ho-hum average dinner. Had to add a bit of salt,but other than that,very nice.
Jul 6, 2009
Abosolutely loved this dish. Best flavor I have had with ingredients I even had on hand. I will be making this again and again.