Best Rocky Road Brownies Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a small heavy saucepan, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in sugar. Stir in the egg, vanilla and salt until well blended. Stir in flour just until blended. Fold in the marshmallows, chips and pecans.
- 2. Spread into a greased 8x4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6 servings.
1 brownie: 293 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 141mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Best Rocky Road Brownies
"I love this recipe and usually double it so we have more!"
"Due to comments posted here, we have retested this recipe. We have found the ideal bake time to be 30-35 minutes and the recipe will be updated. Anything less than that, the brownies will not test done. The batter is thick and we found the brownies to be very fudgy and not dry at all.Taste of Home Test Kitchen"
"This brownie recipe is not very good, but just use your regular brownie recipe and stir in the rocky road--dreamy!"
"Thank you for your reviews. I will not waste the time or ingredients."
"Just waisted a lot of really good ingredients to make really dry brownies. Couldn't even eat them. Thanks loads!!!"
"Just by reading this recipe, it is easy to see that these brownies will be dry. There is obviously an error in the cooking time. A 8x8" pan of brownies cooked at 325 degrees takes only 25-30 minutes. Cooking a 8x4" pan at 350 degrees for 40-45 minues is sure to ruin the brownies!"
"Dry. Not Good."
"I followed the recipe but they turned out dry and I was very disappointed."