- 1 square (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- In a microwave or heavy saucepan, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. In a mixing bowl, beat the sugar, egg, vanilla, salt and chocolate mixture. Add flour; mix well. Stir in the marshmallows, chocolate chips and pecans.
- Spread into an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forBest Rocky Road Brownies
"I love this recipe and usually double it so we have more!"
"Due to comments posted here, we have retested this recipe. We have found the ideal bake time to be 30-35 minutes and the recipe will be updated. Anything less than that, the brownies will not test done. The batter is thick and we found the brownies to be very fudgy and not dry at all.Taste of Home Test Kitchen"
"This brownie recipe is not very good, but just use your regular brownie recipe and stir in the rocky road--dreamy!"
"Thank you for your reviews. I will not waste the time or ingredients."
"Just waisted a lot of really good ingredients to make really dry brownies. Couldn't even eat them. Thanks loads!!!"
"Just by reading this recipe, it is easy to see that these brownies will be dry. There is obviously an error in the cooking time. A 8x8" pan of brownies cooked at 325 degrees takes only 25-30 minutes. Cooking a 8x4" pan at 350 degrees for 40-45 minues is sure to ruin the brownies!"
"Dry. Not Good."
"I followed the recipe but they turned out dry and I was very disappointed."