This is a lively new twist on lemonade and a fun way to use up some of your extra rhubarb. We always look froward to summer when we can enjoy this refreshing drink out on our patio on a hot afternoon.
Recommended: Non-Alcoholic Party Drinks
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound fresh or frozen rhubarb, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup thawed pink lemonade concentrate
- 1 bottle (1 liter) lemon-lime soda
- In a large saucepan, combine the rhubarb, water and sugar. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 5-10 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Cool slightly.
- In a blender, process half the mixture at a time until smooth. Combine all ingredients in a large container; add enough water to make 1 gallon. Serve on ice. Yield: about 24-30 servings.
Originally published as Rhubarb Punch in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p92