Best Mashed Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 12 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced chives, optional
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Add the cream, sour cream, butter, salt and pepper; beat until light and fluffy. Sprinkle with chives if desired.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 159 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 196mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 2, 2016
I prepared these mashed potatoes recently for a family gathering and everyone liked them and many went back for seconds. This is a good basic recipe and I can see where more favorite ingredients could be added. I recommend this recipe.Volunteer Field Editor