Best Mashed Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 12 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced chives, optional
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Add the cream, sour cream, butter, salt and pepper; beat until light and fluffy. Sprinkle with chives if desired.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 159 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 196mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Sep 2, 2016
I prepared these mashed potatoes recently for a family gathering and everyone liked them and many went back for seconds. This is a good basic recipe and I can see where more favorite ingredients could be added. I recommend this recipe.Volunteer Field Editor