Best Maple-Cranberry Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours + chilling
Makes16 servings (2 cups compote)
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups maple syrup
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- Combine the cracker crumbs, butter, sugar and cinnamon; press onto the bottom and 1-1/2 in. up the sides of prepared pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce heat to 325°.
- Meanwhile, place maple syrup in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook until syrup is reduced to about 1 cup. Cool to room temperature; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the sour cream, flour, vanilla, salt and cooled syrup. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake at 325° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan.
- In a large saucepan, combine the cranberries, syrup and brown sugar. Cook over medium heat until the berries pop, about 10 minutes. Serve warm with cheesecake.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 483 calories, 23g fat (13g saturated fat), 116mg cholesterol, 284mg sodium, 66g carbohydrate (53g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Jan 5, 2016
Dec 1, 2011
Simple, Easy to put together, and will make again! :)
Oct 19, 2011
my mother made this last year for the holiday and it was the best dang cheesecake ever. sweet and delicious. the cranberry topping makes it! i believe this will be my signature dessert for all the holidays to come!!!!!
Sep 27, 2011
I made this cheesecake last Christmas. It was my first ever attempt to make a cheesecake and I am so proud to say it came out just as pictured. WOW! Delicious doesn't even come close to description. ALSO, I removed some of the fat and calories by using Stevia sugar; Greek yogurt for my sour cream; whole wheat flour; reduced fat margerine for the butter. Tasted fabulous.
Feb 27, 2011
Made this for a church women's dessert night. Everyone raved about it. Instead of the cranberries, I put 2 jars of wet walnuts on top! MMMMmmm!!
Feb 18, 2011
This is the best cheesecake I've ever eaten. I followed the recipe to a T and in my oven it turned out perfect. I think I let the sauce simmer a bit too long but a lesson for next time. DELICIOUS!!!
Jan 1, 2011
while reducing the syrup to 1 cup, it totally candied (turned hard) and had to be thrown out. i then just added syrup to the batter and then it turned out wonderful. also, did they want "real" maple syrup or just plain pancake syrup?
Dec 19, 2010
I've made 2 this week and they were AMAZING! I cooked the first one to exact specs and it was slightly undercooked in the middle. I cooked the second one to 1.5 hours and it came out absolutely perfect. I was skeptical of the maple/cranberry combination at first but I must say, this is probably my favorite dessert of all time! Everyone raves about it! Now quit reading this and go make one!!
Dec 18, 2010
I made this for a party this week and everyone raved about it. Was relatively easy to make as well and baked to perfection by following the instructions
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.