Best-Loved Chocolate Bars
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 16 squares)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 jar (11-3/4 ounces) hot fudge ice cream topping
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix and cracker crumbs. Cut in peanut butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a small bowl, whisk egg and cream. Add to the crumb mixture just until moistened. Set aside 3/4 cup for topping. Press the remaining crumb mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in ice cream topping until smooth. Spread over the crust. Sprinkle with the chocolate chips, peanuts and reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Cover; refrigerate at least 4 hours. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat peanut butter is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 326 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 268mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Feb 8, 2012
These were okay, but none of us (myself and 6 children) were really that impressed with them. There are a ton of other desserts, including easy ones, that we'd rather have.
Nov 14, 2010
I made this recipe for a crowd based on the reviews and boy did I make a mistake. They were very dry and had no appeal. Very disappointed. I had to double the recipe to feed more but followed it to a tee so maybe that had something to do with it not sure. I couldn't give the leftovers away. Will not make them again.
Aug 10, 2010
I add 1/4 c. peanut better to the hot fudge
Feb 28, 2009
I made these for my 8th grade class and they gobbled them up. I loved the white chocolate chip tip.
Jul 21, 2008
What a rich and yummy bar! I used white chocolate chips instead of the peanuts to make them even more chocolatey!