- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs(about 16 squares)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter*
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 jar (11-3/4 ounces) hot fudge ice cream topping
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- In a bowl, combine the dry cake mix and cracker crumbs. Cut in peanut butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a bowl, whisk the egg and cream. Add to the crumb mixture just until moistened. Set aside 3/4 cup for topping. Press the remaining crumb mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add fudge topping; mix well. Spread over the crust. Sprinkle with chocolate chips, peanuts and reserved crumb mixture. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Cover; refrigerate at least 4 hours. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers.
- *Editor's note:Reduced-fat or generic brands of peanut butter are not recommended for this recipe. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forBest-Loved Chocolate Bars
"These were okay, but none of us (myself and 6 children) were really that impressed with them. There are a ton of other desserts, including easy ones, that we'd rather have."
"I made this recipe for a crowd based on the reviews and boy did I make a mistake. They were very dry and had no appeal. Very disappointed. I had to double the recipe to feed more but followed it to a tee so maybe that had something to do with it not sure. I couldn't give the leftovers away. Will not make them again."
"I add 1/4 c. peanut better to the hot fudge"
"I made these for my 8th grade class and they gobbled them up. I loved the white chocolate chip tip."
"What a rich and yummy bar! I used white chocolate chips instead of the peanuts to make them even more chocolatey!"