- 1-1/3 cups butter, softened
- 2-2/3 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until the top is dry and the center is set. Cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forBest Fudgy Brownies
"I have to agree with other reviewers; these are not fudgy at all. They are more cake like if anything. They are also way too sweet, you cannot even taste the coco. Mine were not dry as others have said but definitely not a typical fudgy brownie. I will not make these again."
"The best brownie recipe. Did have to cook for an additional 10 min."
"My family loved this recipe. The brownies were moist and yummy! Saving this one for later use!"
"These brownies were excellent! They were very fudgy and not at all dry, as a previous reviewer mentioned. In fact, they were very moist and soft. We sifted some confectioner's sugar on top before serving. Delicious!"
"I try to seldom give negative reviews, but these brownies are awful. There is nothing fudgy about them. I've been a baker for over 20 years and was just looking for a different brownie recipe. Followed the recipe exactly....twice... because I was convinced had to have messed up horribly the first time. These are dry and chalky, and as I said, not the least bit fudgy. They went in the trash. Maybe melting the butter or using oil instead would help, and cutting back on the cocoa and flour...but I'm not even going to waste my ingedients by trying again."
"These make excellent cookies. 325* for 10 minutes."
"I cooked these brownies at 375 for 25 minutes. They came out perfect! The perfect mix of cake-like and fudge-like. YUM!"
"I've made these several times and they were perfect each time! I added semi sweet chocolate chips to the batter. Delicious!!!"
"These brownies were so thick and dry...barely edible!"
"I made them for my family and then eat then all!!!They are still asking for me to make them!!!"