My grandmother handed down this recipe and it’s amazing! The flavor, with a hint of maple and great spices, totally lives up to its name. —Erin Gibbons, Downingtown, Pennsylvania
Featured In: 16 Traditional Thanksgiving Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 extra-servings-size graham cracker crust (9 ounces)
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1-1/2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 1-1/4 cups fat-free milk
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mace
- Brush crust with egg white. Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce heat to 350°.
- In a large bowl, beat the remaining ingredients until blended. Pour into crust. Bake for 70-80 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Best-Ever Sweet Potato Pie in Healthy Cooking October/November 2011, p23
Reviews forBest-Ever Sweet Potato Pie
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 10, 2014
"This was very good. I remade it also and put in coconut milk instead for Easter and it also was delicious."