- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 teaspoons dried basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 30 large fresh mushrooms (about 1-1/2 pounds), stems removed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, cook sausage, onion and garlic over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink and onion is tender, breaking up sausage into crumbles; drain. Add cream cheese and Parmesan cheese; cook and stir until melted. Stir in bread crumbs, basil and parsley.
- Meanwhile, place mushroom caps in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan, stem side up. Brush with butter. Spoon sausage mixture into mushroom caps. Bake, uncovered, 12-15 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forBest-Ever Stuffed Mushrooms
"I made these last week and loved them. I love mushrooms anyway, but always wanted to make these. I used hot italian sausage and italian seasoning and omitted the cream cheese and bread crumbs to eliminate some calories. Brushed the mushrooms with butter and baked about 10 minutes before adding the stuffing and topped with parmesan cheese and then baked another few minutes until heated. Before serving, I picked them up and drained any juice remaining in the mushroom and plated. The mushrooms were very moist and tasty!"
"They were good but maybe missing something and I just put my finger on what. If I do decide to make these again I will try adding some white wine like others have suggested."
"Definitely won't make these again. There are so many better stuffed mushroom recipes out there. They were very dry and not very flavorful."
"Wish I'd read the reviews; I love the idea of adding white wine! We don't like mushrooms, but I added a small can of finely diced mushrooms, baked it in an oven-safe serving dish, and served with baguette slices."
"I made these but used feta cheese instead of cream cheese. No bread crumbs. TASTY"
"Delicious and easy. I prepared these yesterday to serve today on Thanksgiving. Everyone really enjoyed them. I took the advice of the other reviewers and added some chopped red pepper and I soaked the bread crumbs in 1/4 cup of white wine before adding it to the pork and cheese mixture. I will definitely be making these again."
"I love, Love, LOVE these! I'm not a huge fan of mushrooms but these were loaded with stuffing and the flavors were perfect. I loved the cream cheese taste with the basil flavor. The only thing I might add next time is some chopped red bell peppers."
"Made these for appetizers last evening. So easy! Everyone loved them!"
"Delicious recipe!! Everyone loved it. Making it again today. I did not use sausage but added wine as suggested in one of the reviews. This is definitely a keeper. Also delicious when cold."