- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, bananas, oil, buttermilk and vanilla; add to flour mixture, stirring just until combined. Fold in nuts.
- Pour into a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 325° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews forBest-Ever Banana Bread
"The name says it all! Second to none in my book. Delicious!"
"Just made today! Delicious"
"I love this recipe. I've used it dozens of times and it always turns out. Sometimes I add choc chips or coconut and it is always delicious and moist. I use half the sugar and use vanilla flavoured stevia drops in place of vanilla. It adds enough sweetness. I also use whole wheat flour. I replace the oil with apple sauce. Even with all these exchanges it turns out great"
"I live at 7200 ft and didn't modify (other than swapping pecans for walnuts out of preference), and it turned out great for anyone else at high altitude who might be wondering. Only cooked it for about 1 hr;10 min. Delicious! I was concerned about the top getting too dark as one commenter stated as that often happens to me with baking, but it was right in the center of my oven and came out perfectly browned."
"It is the best recipie ever. I even used 3 old frozen runny bananas and it was delicious!"
"Didn't change a thing!"
"It was good. It's similar to my grandmother's recipe, but we prefer hers."