- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, bananas, oil, buttermilk and vanilla; add to flour mixture, stirring just until combined. Fold in nuts.
- Pour into a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 325° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews forBest-Ever Banana Bread
"I loved this! I had three bananas I needed to use up, so I replaced the canola oil with another banana. It came out so moist and delicious!"
"I have made this Banana bread more times than I can count! It's the only recipe I use and as my husband is a Diabetic, I make it with 1 cup of Splenda. It is plenty sweet and delicious, besides the walnuts I sometimes add Craisins."
"I just made this today. From a previous reviewer, I also cut the sugar down to 1 cup and this is the best banana nut bread I made. This is a keeper. Thanks for sharing."
"I've tried a lot of banana bread recipes, and this really is the best ever!"
"This is the best banana nut bread that I have ever eaten."
"I made it for my clients and they asked for it again and again. So tonight I'm making it again"
"Fantastic old fashion recipe! I did decrease the sugar to 1 cup as to make it healthier...and could not tell the difference. Just like Grandmas!!"
"The name says it all! Second to none in my book. Delicious!"
"Just made today! Delicious"