Best-Ever Asparagus/Ham Rolls Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 16 slices sandwich-type ham
- Prepared mustard
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced, optional
- 1. Cook asparagus to crisp-tender. Spread one side of each ham slice with mustard. Roll ham around 2-3 asparagus spears. Layer rolls, seam side down, in a 7-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Set aside.
- 2. In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Blend in flour to form a paste. Slowly stir in milk, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until sauce is thickened. Stir in cheese and onions, if desired. Pour hot sauce over ham rolls. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Yield: 8 servings.
2 each: 262 calories, 18g fat (11g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 645mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 16g protein.
Reviews for Best-Ever Asparagus/Ham Rolls
"Delicious! I used dijon mustard which went great with the ham. Super easy!"