- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups sweetened shredded coconut, divided
- Pecan halves
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in 2 cups coconut.
- Divide dough in half; shape each into a 7-in. long roll. Roll in remaining coconut. Wrap in plastic; refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
- Unwrap dough; cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 3 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Place a pecan half in the center of each. Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2-3 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forBest Coconut Pecan Cookies
"I made this especially for my son and a friend who loved coconut. They enjoyed these cookies very much and both said these were the BEST coconut cookies they had ever had. Thanks for sharing."
"If you love coconut, MAKE THESE!!! The only thing I added, although they are sinfully wonderful as the recipe states, is I added a teaspoon of coconut extract along with the egg. Making a double batch today!"
"Great cookies!!! They are on the list as a new family favorite! Great to have in the freezer and just bake up a dozen at a time...not that two or three dozen wouldn't get gobbled up fast!"
"I didn't make these, but I did eat some that I got at a bake sale and begged for the recipe. They are soooo good. Can't wait to make them."