- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm whole milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 to 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, melted, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Dissolve yeast in warm milk. In another bowl, combine sugar, butter, eggs, salt, yeast mixture and 2 cups flour; beat on medium speed until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon. Punch down dough; divide in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll one portion into an 11x8-in. rectangle. Brush with 2 tablespoons butter; sprinkle with half of the brown sugar mixture to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into eight slices; place in a greased 13x9-in. pan, cut side down. Cover with a kitchen towel. Repeat with remaining dough and filling. Let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. Preheat oven to 350°.
- Bake until golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
- For frosting, beat butter, cream cheese, vanilla and salt until blended; gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar. Spread over tops. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 16 rolls.
Reviews forBest Cinnamon Rolls
"I joined this site just so I could rate these. Absolutely worth the work. And it makes a lot of rolls!"
"Not much to say, except "Fantastic!""
"Perfect! I halved the recipe amounts using my bread machine and put 4 rolls in each of 2 Wilton pans, 5-inch square by 2-inches high. They rose to the top of the pans. Wonderfully light. Baked 15 minutes. Has anyone tried freezing them?"
"My 13 yr old son made these and they where so yummy!!!!"
"This has become my "go-to" sweet roll recipe! Also did it in the bread machine on the dough setting. Worked great!"
"These were amazing! I wouldn't change a thing about them!"
"These were excellent. I added raisins and walnuts which were amazing. Will definitely be making these again."
"I made the dough for these rolls in my bread machine.....it came out perfectly. I'm not a person who cares much for frosting, but there are others in the family who do, so I went ahead and iced them. Next time, I think half of the frosting recipe would be adequate. I'm giving them a "5" because the dough is so nice and easy to work with.....and good....., and frosting lovers will love the cream cheese icing, but I really prefer the kind that have goo and nuts on the bottom."