- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the sugars, oil, eggs and vanilla until well blended. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda; gradually beat into sugar mixture until blended. Stir in the carrots, pineapple, raisins and walnuts.
- Transfer to a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla until fluffy. Beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Frost cake. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews forBest Carrot Cake
"Very moist and delish."
"Wonderful recipes look forward to trying them I rate it five stars"
"My Mother's recipe was a lot like this one. The only difference was that she would soak the golden raisins in rum until they plumped up and then add them in, along with the carrots, pineapple and walnuts."
"This is absolutely the BEST carrot cake I have ever had. Even my husband is eating it, and he hates carrots. Its perfect the way it is.....not much left of it now, but will definitely make it again."
"This was Truly the best Carrot cake I have ever made !!!"