- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup instant rice
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1/2 cup diced American cheese
- Bring water and salt to a boil. Add rice; cover and remove from heat. Let sit for 5 minutes. Melt butter in skillet; saute onion and celery until tender. In large mixing bowl, combine rice, celery and onion with remaining ingredients. Pour into a greased 1-1/2-qt. casserole. Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forBest Broccoli Casserole
"I have hade this recipe for about 18 years and still making it.This recipe got me started with taste of home subscriptions And I still have the original recipe.Named How I Got My Kids to Eat ...Broccoli.It really works.Thank You! Cindy K Syracuse Indiana We love it. [email protected]"
"I wonder...am I supposed to bake this covered or uncovered? I liked the taste after adding seasoning and another 1/2 cup of cheese."