Best Beef Stroganoff
This lightened-up Stroganoff from is sure to become a family favorite. The tender strips of beef, sliced mushrooms and onion are coated in a pleasing sauce made with fat-free yogurt and served over noodles. —Beth Bries, Farley, Iowa
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 envelope onion mushroom soup mix
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- Hot cooked noodles
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, combine the first four ingredients. Gradually stir in the milk until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; keep warm.
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown beef in oil until no longer pink. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook 1 minute longer or until mushrooms are tender.
- Reduce heat to low; stir in yogurt and reserved sauce. Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes on low until heated through. Serve with noodles; sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 284 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 707mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat-free milk, 1/2 starch.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.