My family and I love this berry salad. The cardamom lends a slightly exotic flavor, while tart cranberries keep the dressing from being too sweet. —Carolyn Johns, Lacey, Washington
Recommended: 23 Spring Salad Ideas That’ll Up Your Veggie Game
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/4 cups (10 ounces) vanilla yogurt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blackberries
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a small bowl, whisk the yogurt, sugar and cardamom. In a large bowl, combine the berries, celery and raisins; add yogurt mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Berry Waldorf Salad in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2011, p27