Total TimePrep: 45 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 1 tube (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough, softened
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 24 small fresh strawberries, thinly sliced
- 4 large kiwifruit, peeled and sliced or 1 cup fresh blueberries
- In a small bowl, beat cookie dough and flour until combined. Roll on a lightly floured surface to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 3-in. star-shaped cookie cutter.
- Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Set aside 1-2 tablespoons. Spread remaining frosting over cookies. Place five strawberry slices on each cookie. Using reserved frosting, attach one kiwi slice or 4-5 blueberries to each. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 150 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 119mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jun 1, 2011
This is an excellent recipe, however, after keeping this recipe in the refrigerated as directed over night, I came back to mushy cookies that you couldn't even pick up! I ended up pressing them all into a square and freezing (which turned into a very yummy snack for a very hot memorial day). I would warn to make the day of and to put these out immediately. After spending the time to arrange the fruit to look perfect, it seemed like such a waste to have to mush it all together! Delicious flavors though - I used 2 Tablespoons of Orange Juice to sweeten the cream cheese instead of powdered sugar and the flavor was perfect!
May 28, 2011
I have put Blueberries in the middle for the 4th of July
Jul 27, 2010
They were a huge success with most gobbling down one after another !! Very easy, not tons of time, and attractive.
Oct 7, 2008
To make even faster, use store bought sugar cookies, frost and garnish with any fresh fruit - Really good flavor.